Tuesday, April 7, 2020
- Choice Reading 20 minutes
- Book Club Work/Lexia or Epic (whichever one you have)
- Text to World Home Learning in notebooks - due Friday. This week, we will learn about text to world connections. Making connections is a strategy to help you understand what you read. Thinking about what you already know is called using your schema. Fill in Reading Log/Notebook and write about the connection you made between the text being read and something that occurs in the world. Use capitals, punctuation, spacing and neat penmanship. Be sure to include the genre!
If you’d like, use the following sentence starters. t
I saw something like this when I watched/read ________________. What I know is________________________.
This reminds me of something that happened in the real world:
This helps me understand the story better because….
- Free Writing
- Handwriting - Complete one page in your handwriting book
- Free Writing
Math (30-60 minutes)
- 30 minutes of Redbird instruction- Do calculations in your red notebook.
- Prodigy or Dreambox
- Fact fluency practice / games (2nd adding up to 9+9, 3rd multiplying up to 9x9)
- Redbird games
- Youcubed Picking Up Leaves Activity
- After watching your “Think Like a Tree” videos, you were able see how problems were
- solved by looking to nature (biomimicry).
- On this shared document, write down 2-4 problems that happen
- At School that could be solved using biomimicry.
- (You don’t need to solve them now, just write down the problems in complete
- sentences on the list). School Problems
- Gym: Go for a family I-Spy walk!
Work Turned In:
- Problems at school brainstorm on group document School Problems